BBQ competition with complimentary tastings.
Contestants will fire-up their grills and smokers and cook all night on Friday.
New This Year: Friday Night Wing Ding. Wings will hit the grill at 6:00 pm. Judges and the public will taste and vote at 8:00 pm. While the wings are sizzling, competitors and tasters will enjoy smooth Blues tunes by Cedric "The Entertainer" Guthrie. The Belmont Astronomy Society will host a stargazing party at 8:30 pm.
Judging for the main contest will begin at 10:00 am on Saturday. Attendees will enjoy music by a D.J. and a free public tasting that will determine the winner of the People’s Choice Award. The contest application is available at Caravan Coffee and https://www....facebook.com/CaravanSummerSizzlin.
Sauce Category - $25.00
Ribs, Chicken, and Pulled Pork Categories - $50.00
(Must enter at least 2 of these categories to qualify.)
Friday Night Wing Ding – No Fee
(Open to registered contestants only)
Registration Deadline: September 2, 2016
Caravan’s Summer Sizzlin’ Cook-Off
Rules & Regulations
1. All entries are to be cooked with wood, charcoal or propane ON the premises. No pre-marinated or pre-cooked food allowed. Only inspected food will be judged.
2. All meats will be inspected by a Cook Official. (Bring your own competition meat to the Cooks’ Meeting at 6:00 pm.) After the meeting and meat inspection, the show will begin.
3. Spaces will be provided on a first come, first served basis.
4. No alcoholic beverages are to be sold or given away to the public by any team member. The chief cook is responsible for the conduct of his or her team members and guests.
5. Winners of each event will be announced, and container tickets will be posted for verification of entry placement. (Keep ticket stubs. Th
ey must match container stubs.)
6. Cooking teams are responsible for their own areas. Bring your own trash cans and bags as part of your set-up. Please keep your cook area clean during and after the event.
7. A question and answer session will be held at the Cooks’ Meeting.
8. Each team must have a fire extinguisher on site.
9. All cash prizes and a trophy will be given in each category for 1st Place, and ribbons will be given for 2nd Place and 3rd Place. A trophy will also be given for the Peoples’ Choice Award.
If you have questions, please call Vince Hill at (704) 829-7711 or cell: (704) 521-4645.
Please Note: Neither Caravan, nor any sponsors of this event, will be held responsible for any equipment or damages to said equipment that may arise during this event.